AmeriCorps VISTA - Out-of-School Time Data Coordinator
The OST “System of Systems” Building Project also known as “PhillyBOOST” aims to integrate data from all afterschool providers in the city into a comprehensive data system that exhibits qualities of a centralized system and is also flexible enough to meet the unique needs of varied stakeholders. This comprehensive, centralized, web-based data system will be made available to all stakeholders, allowing them to record their performance toward identified outcomes, monitor program quality and make decisions driven by valuable data.
During the 2014-2015 period, the OST “System of Systems” Building Project will continue to bring additional OST provider networks into its expanding community of users utilizing the Project’s Extended Information System (EIS). Using the growing body of data collected, the Project will begin the work of analyzing citywide OST program delivery and student participation. The Project also plans to offer outcomes measurement and program assessment tools, designed by the National Institute on Out-of-School Time (NIOST), to a larger group of OST providers, beyond the 22 sites across Philadelphia that are piloting the use of these survey tools during the 2013-2014 program year. Insights gained through citywide data analysis will drive the design and implementation of plans to improve coordination and efficiency of resource allocation, support providers’ efforts to improve program quality and increase youth access to a diverse pool of OST programs.
The (AmeriCorps VISTA) Data Coordinator under the supervision of Knowledge Manager/Data Lead will assist in the following areas:
- Assist in providing basic technical support to database end-users.
- Maintain and enhance the project’s website and contribute to writing brief articles and content targeting broader, non-technical audiences.
- Execute queries on databases (Social Solutions) to provide specific reports or respond to requests from various stakeholders, which include OST providers and other city or non-city departments.
- Assist in on-going monitoring of timely data entry by program staff to ensure data quality and accuracy.
- Assist in software training of end-users including scheduling and other related tasks.
- Actively participate in the Data work groups and related sub workgroups.
- Actively reach out to various OST providers and seek their input for meeting their data needs.
- Experience using databases and ability to interpret analytic information
- Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel
- Interest in developing further analytic skills to facilitate data queries and manipulation
- Strong written communications skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn new content across different topics in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and highly creative environment
How to apply:
Download the VISTA application here and email it to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: July 10, 2014
Term of Service: September 1, 2014 – August 31, 2015