See Helpful Resourcesfor additional resources related to Out-Of-School Time, including Professional Development; Program Development and Improvement; Funding & Grants; Data Sources & Education Profiles; Research, Reports & Publications; Afterschool Advocacy.
What information do you want to have when choosing an Out-of-School Time (OST) program?
• Distance from home, work and
• Whether transportation is offered
• Hours of operation
• Cost, if any
• Type of programming (e.g. Sports and Rec, Academics, Arts and
• Elementary/Middle/High, grade level capacity • Staff credentials
• Staff multilingual proficiencies • Accessibility • Student/adult ratio • Whether the program offers meals • Ratings or reviews of programs by other parents and students